Frozen storage facility using less power at Vanreusel Snacks
Vanreusel Snacks makes semi-prepared products, mainly for the markets in the Netherlands, Belgium and France. They used to have problems with frost and ice at their frozen storage facility. A combination of Air Doors air curtains and DST’s dehumidifiers presented them with an outstanding solution. And as well as resolving their problems with moisture, this solution also saves them up to 60% energy compared to the situation before the solution was installed!
The areas requiring moisture regulation at Vanreusel Snacks include a frozen storage facility and a picking store. The freezer has two doors, one of which is normally closed. The other door always remains open so as to provide space for the activities between the picking store and the storage area. This access point now has an air curtain combined with a sorption dehumidifier from Seibu Giken DST (see the top right picture). The door to the frozen storage area is closed at night, but the system which prevents air exchange starts up immediately when the door is opened in the morning.
Energy-efficient and practical
The solution – which does not involve having a plastic curtain between the frozen storage facility and the picking store – has been appreciated by the people who work there. Life is made easier for workers and forklift operators because there is no need to open doors, and they also have clear visibility. The climate has also been improved considerably – it is drier now, less harsh, and the floors are not slippery.
Advantages of the system:
• Ice and frost free. No slippery floors for staff.
• Less moisture load and so less need for defrosting.
• Reduced energy consumption thanks to the separation of air between the frozen storage facility and the warmer picking store.
• Energy savings of up to 60% compared to before installation!
• Free access between the various sections makes work more efficient, no special doors or irritating plastic curtains.
• Safety: simple internal transport.
money; no special door and no annoying plastic curtains
• Safety: internal transport in the freezer is fast and clear
• Contributes towards sustainability
For further information we refer to D&F Techniek and Air In Motion