Dehumidification shortens working time, ensures high quality and guarantees an equal result all year around.
Desiccant technology is effective in creating a year round humidity controlled environment to avoid corrosion during surface preparation. Corrosion rates accelerate exponentially with relative humidity (RH) over 50% and most coating compliance is 80%RH on a metal surface. The effect of thermal inertia usually required the surrounding air to be 20-30%RH (4-6°C, temperature difference from surface to air) less than the required surface humidity to allow for this.
Other methods of heating require full surface heating which causes very high energy costs. Refrigeration is only effective in climates which is humid all year round and it is still unable to achieve the dryness required due to the surface humidity requirement.
Benefits with dehumidification
- Avoid corrosion
- Comply with coating specification
- No delays due to weather
- Ability to schedule works year round
Benefits for Marine
- Able to conduct works in or out of water
- Able to store engine and electronics in place
- Able to effectively mothball of temporary layup
- Also useful in composite and coat compliance
Benefits from surface preparation and coating internals of vessels and storage tanks
- Year round humidity control
- Hold the blast
- Create coating across entire surface at one time.
- Fast job duration with better chance of a quality lining outcome